Here are all the words we used in the lesson on matter. Be sure you have a clear idea of what each word means and how each relate or differ from the other.
Alloys, Atoms, Boiling Point, Chemical change, Chromatography, Colloids, Condensation, Chemical Formulae.
Evaporate, Element, Emulsion, Expansion.
Filtration, Freezing Point.
Homogenous mixture, Heterogenous mixture.
Matter, Magnetism, Melting Point, Miscible and immiscible substances, Mixture, Molecules.
Separating funnel, Solids, Solution, Solvent, Solute, Suspension, Substance.
Residue, Reversible change, Vapor.
Our readings and research for this lesson included the following resources:
1. BBC KS3 Bitesize, Science, Chemical and Material behavior, Compounds and Mixtures
2. GSCEScience., Elements, Compounds and Mixtures ©Dr. Colin France.
3. UC Davis, Chemwiki, University of California, www.chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Physical_Chemistry/Physical_Properties_of_Matter/Solutions/Colloid
4. Types of Mixtures: www.abetterchemtext.com/Mixtures/mix_type.htm#
5. Heterogeneous vs Homogeneous., www.chem.memphis.edu/bridson/FundChem/T05a1100.htm
6. Chemistry Matters: Suspensions, Colloids, and Solutions, www1.dce.k12.wi.us/srhigh/teachers/bheeren/new_page_3.htm
7. Chemistry: Elements, Compounds & Mixtures, www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serve.cgi/squizzes/chem/elements_compounds_mixtures.html
8. Mixture Basics., Chem4Kids: www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serve.cgi/squizzes/chem/elements_compounds_mixtures.html
9. Organic Chemistry Help: Distillation Guide., www.chemhelper.com/distillation.html
10. Types of Mixtures. by Ron Kurtus (15 September 2005)., www.school-for-champions.com/chemistry/mixture_types.htm#.Uue3yGQo7uN
11. What is an Atom? by Tim Sharp, Reference Editor. www.livescience.com/37206-atom-definition.html